Friends, today I'm happy to introduce you to my friend, April Cassidy. April has been a champion of First Ask Why, both on my launch team and as a blogging friend. We even share the same publisher! April recently launched her own book called The Peaceful Mom, and today we've "traded" blogs to share each other's work.
I hope you enjoy getting to know April as much as I have!
There is no doubt about it, being a woman, wife, and/or mom is tough today. With so many crazy things happening in our own families, relationships, jobs, and schedules – not to mention the complete insanity going on in the world - a peaceful heart may seem like an impossibility.
Yet, each of us has a built-in longing to live in perfect peace for ourselves. And we desperately desire peace in our families and for our precious children, too.
Here are some critical keys that I have found on my own journey of discovery to become a peaceful wife and mom:
- Choose to allow Jesus alone, the Prince of Peace, to sit firmly on the throne of your heart. If anything/anyone else competes for His place there, you will not experience His peace. Peace is part of Jesus and His character. It is something we have because we have Him and we are close to Him. It can't be separated from Him.
- You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Isa. 26:3 ESV
- "I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." John 16:33 ESV
- Carve out the time you need with God to praise Him, to thank Him, and to fellowship with Him. As you spend time soaking in His love, His Word, and in prayer -He radically transforms your mind and heart. He restores your soul. Receive the tender love of your Good Shepherd. This leads to great peace because you allow yourself to sit at His feet, to be with Him, to know Him, to be still before Him. You allow Him to care for you, protect you, love you, and provide for you in spiritual abundance. He is so very generous to those who come to Him in faith and trust.
- He will tend his flock like a shepherd; he will gather the lambs in his arms; he will carry them in his bosom, and gently lead those that are with young. Isa. 40:11 ESV
- Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. James 4:8 ESV
- Invite God to help you examine your fixed beliefs and thinking about Him, relationships, and yourself. As you allow Him to help you eliminate lies (big and small) and embrace His truth, He heals you spiritually in amazing ways. His truth truly sets you free. This leads to the ability to have peace with God, with your children, with others, and yourself.
- "And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:32 ESV
- Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6 ESV
- Develop the discipline of taking your thoughts captive for Christ so that you can walk in the victory of Christ over negative emotions, tempting thoughts, and even crazy hormones. Then you can often avoid even starting down the mental and spiritual pathways that lead away from peace.
- We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, 2 Cor. 10:5 ESV
- No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 1 Cor. 10:13 ESV
- Seek to treat others with respect and honor on your end, responding with the power of the Spirit rather than in destructive ways. When you set a godly example, you open the gates of heaven to pour the Lord’s Life, healing, and peace into your family and relationships
- Honor everyone. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the emperor. 1 Pet. 2:17 ESV
- Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Rom. 12:10 ESV
The Peaceful Mom – Building a Healthy Foundation with Christ As Lord is a book for moms of any age. It’s an easy-to-read, step-by-step guide to help you discover the abundant spiritual life and divine peace that is available to you in Jesus. It gets into the meat behind these 5 keys, and much more.
The best part is, as you become a Peaceful Mom, you also learn to give the same tools to your children so that they can learn to live in God’s supernatural peace, too. There is no greater gift than that for our children!
ABOUT APRIL CASSIDY
April thought she was the most amazing Christian wife and mom ever – for the first 14 years of their marriage, until God opened her eyes to some things she needed to work on in her own walk with Him. Join her on her journey as God helped her to see many keys to peace as a woman, wife, and mom that are available to all of us in Christ Jesus.
April Cassidy will celebrate 24 years of marriage to her husband, Greg, on May 28, 2018. They have two children, a 16 year old son and an 11 year old daughter. April is a part-time pharmacist, blogger at www.peacefulwife.com, Youtuber (at “April Cassidy”), and author of The Peaceful Wife – Living in Submission to Christ As Lord and her newest book, The Peaceful Mom – Building a Healthy Foundation with Christ As Lord.